Traffic Management Operative
This exciting role involves helping us deliver Temporary Traffic Management Schemes for a range of clients ranging from the utilities sector to the event industry. You will help our team prepare, install, maintain and remove such TTM schemes whilst maintaining a high Health and Safety standard.
This role requires flexibility due to the nature of the business. You must be able to work both days and nights, including some weekends as required. You must have a can do and responsible attitude to work.
- You will oversee all methods of traffic management; Give and take, Priority, Stop/Go boards, Portable traffic signals, Road closures, Lane closures and diversions
- You make sure all work is carried out according to safe working methods and best practice procedures
- You will carry out risk assessments and method statements on works involving traffic management
- You will ensure that all activities associated with the job are carried out according to laid down procedures where possible.
- You will ensure that daily vehicle checks are carried out – to ensure cleanliness and tidiness of vehicle and the safety of the driver and passenger
- You will promote positive company image whilst at work (via wearing of company clothing, attitude, and site cleanliness)
- You will demonstrate initiative by constantly looking to see where improvements can be made
- You will be happy to assist the public, directing them through safe site lines when required
- You will ascertain when management intervention is required
- You will work within the industry codes of practice and legal requirements (TSRGD, Chapter 8 etc)
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Full valid UK driving licence (3.5t) with no more than 6 penalty points
- Must hold B&E entitlement on Driving Licence
- Be able to fully read and write English
- Be able to read and understand plans
- Good IT skills with experience of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be fit to able bodied to be able to lift, move and maintain Traffic Management equipment
- Be able to work well by yourself and within a team
- Have a high standard of care for all equipment under your control
No previous traffic management experience is necessary as full training and licences can be provided to the right candidate.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Lantra NHSS 12D M1/2 (+ any additional categories)
- Some practical experience setting up Temporary Traffic Lights
The Traffic Management Company provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.